Kitchenside China Hire
Terms and Conditions
What you need to know before hiring
We have a fabulous selection of vintage china and some more neutral pieces too. We are flexible allowing you to hire as little or as much as you need. You can also mix and match items.
All our bone china is in the best quality for its age, we do not hire out any china with chips or cracks. However because of its age and use one of the pattern may have worn off and there can be some crazing. We do offer a pre hire viewing, so if you have an idea in mind of what you would like to hire but would like to see it first then we can arrange this.
PROPERTY OWNERSHIP AND RESPONSIBILITY
1. All hire items and equipment remain the property of The Kitchenside for the duration of the hire
2. On delivery or collection of the hire items you, the hirer, are responsible for them and any damage or loss incurred during this time until they are returned or collected by The Kitchenside. Any damaged or missing items will be charged the replacement fee for that item(s) outlined on the pricing page.
3. The hire period is three days from collection or delivery of items to drop off or collection on the third day.
4. We can allow a longer hire period for an additional fee. Please state if you require this at the time of booking, if requested at a later date we can not quarantine that we will be able to extend the hire period beyond the three days.
5. The Kitchenside require a 30% deposit to confirm your booking. This deposit is non refundable if you cancel.
6. The remaining balance of 70% is due no later than 21 days before the hire period starts.
7. We require a separate refundable damage deposit which is calculated at 25% of the total hire value. This is payable with the remaining balance. This will be returned after 7 days of collection/drop off of the hired goods. Any damaged or missing items will be deducted from the refundable deposit at the replacement fee outlined per item on the pricing page.
8. The price we quote at time of booking and deposit received will be honoured.
9. Preferred method of payment if via bank transfer, however we can accept cash and or cheque.
10. If the hirer cancels before the final payment is due the 30% deposit is non-refundable.
11. If the hire is cancelled once the second payment is received and up to 14 days before the event day 50% of the full hire will be refunded
12. Cancellation 13 days before the hire date is non refundable. We do however appreciate that cancellations happen for all sorts of reasons. We will honour a change of date and carry over of fees providing the items you require are available for the new date. This is valid for 12 months from the day of cancellation.
13. We offer a delivery or collection of your hire items. Collection and return from our base in Liskeard is free, delivery and collection from venue is charged at 60p per mile round trip. The price for delivery and collection from venue will be calculated at time of quote.
14. Please scrape any food from the plates and pour away any liquid. Place the items back into the boxes they were delivered in and we will wash them once collected/returned.
15. If you need to reuse certain items please wash carefully by hand. They are not dishwasher safe! Not microwave safe.
16. The Kitchenside is not liable for any direct, indirect or consequential loss, damage or additional costs that may arise as a result of the use of equipment hired.